Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum® 21035-1
Construct a LEGO® brick model of one of the most significant architectural icons of the 20th century. Located in New York City, the internationally renowned Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum® is hailed as one of Frank Lloyd Wright’s greatest achievements. The building was commissioned in 1943, and on October 21, 1959, Wright's masterpiece was opened to the public, gaining immediate recognition as an architectural landmark. This detailed LEGO model focuses on the building's smoothed concrete facade with its distinctive curves and lines, and features its famous ‘inverted-ziggurat’ rotunda and eight-story annex tower. The Guggenheim’s iconic sign, recreated in a similar typeface, and a section of New York City’s 5th Avenue Museum Mile with its signature yellow cabs complete the model, capturing the essence of this magnificent structure.
- LEGO® Architecture interpretation of the real-world architectural landmark, the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum®.
- Features the Guggenheim’s modernist facade with its circular rotundas and distinctive lines, plus the eight-story annex tower and a section of New York City's 5th Avenue Museum Mile including scaled yellow cabs.
- The Guggenheim sign, featuring Wright's architectural lettering, has also been recreated in a similar typeface to complement the authenticity of the model.
- The included booklet contains information about the design, architecture and history of the building (English language only. Other languages available for download at LEGO.com/architecture).
- LEGO® Architecture celebrates the world of architecture through the medium of the LEGO brick, and is developed for all with an interest in travel, architecture, history and design.
- This set includes over 740 LEGO® pieces and offers an age-appropriate building experience for ages 12+.
- Measures over 4” (12cm) high, 7” (19cm) wide and 5” (14cm) deep.